Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The End (Lost)

I was truly bummed and saddened as I watched the last regular episode of Lost last night.I was given Season 1 by my oldest son in hopes of luring me into the madness of this confusing yet wonderful weekly story. I remember watching episode after episode and just feeling glued to my chair not wanting Season 1 to end. Hooked.

Years later I have faithfully followed every twist and turn in the Lost saga. When story lines became exciting,the text messages would fly to and from my eldest. At one point in this season I mailed him a Bible so he could research Jacob and Esau as the bad and evil on the island began to parallel the biblical representation.

I searched forums to understand episodes and read different theories presented by a host of posters. My mind was challenged, I was forced to think at a time in the evening when I am usually brain dead.There were many times when sleep did not come immediately on Tuesday nights as my mind raced with details and speculations.

The acting was superb. The Ben Linus character was pure genius. Such a sad little man who did so many evil things but yet tried to redeem himself only to turn around and kill again. Sawyer the fast talking con man who spent his life in search of the man who killed his family while he as a child hid under his bed. Kate the messed up convict who burned her family house down with her abusive father inside. Sayid the man who tortured prisoners who like Ben could not become a good person in spite of efforts. Hurley a good man with supernatural powers who was once in an insane assylum. Jack a doctor who could not find happiness and was lured back to the island to become its protector. Locke a man who lived for adventure but was killed as the spirit of the Man in Black used his body to create more evil.

There were many many other actors who became the people they portrayed. The ones mentioned above were personal favorites. As the finale approaches I say goodbye to a once in a lifetime show that provided six years of mind blowing plots, outstanding acting and sit on the edge of your seat excitement. Sawyer, Kate, Ben, Sayid, Jack and Locke, I will miss you all.I look forward to the finale as your fates await.

No comments:

Post a Comment