Friday, May 22, 2009

The Spring Finales Lead into Ho Hum Summer Viewing

I never claimed to hold high standards for myself. The last time I mentioned that I watch one soap daily the table of people I was just introduced to raised their collective eyebrows at me. Sorry. I have satellite and hundreds of channels, I am not one of those people who claims not to have cable.....and 3 channels. Good luck with digital TV folks.

I mentioned ( a few blogs ago) my weekly TV shows that I am addicted to. Well, Grey's Anatomy managed to baffle us all by having George dragged by a bus and unrecognizable in the emergency room at the end of the episode. Izzie who is clinging to life after brain surgery and George meet in an elevator in the last scene....last stop Heaven. The cliffhanger involves who is really dead or shall I say are they both?

The Lostees were last seen trying to explode the hydrogen bomb on the Island. Juliet was sucked into a shaft with the bomb and attempted to detonate it....white screen at the end of finale. Was there an explosion or did all the strandees time travel back to 2009? We won't have clarity on that for 7 monthes.

Dancing with the Stars was very entertaining this season. Although I wanted Melissa to win, I wasn't surprised as she was voted off during the final show. That Shawn won the whole thing was huge to me. I never considered her a serious contender for the mirror ball trophy!! LOL

And just ask me about the goings on in Pine Valley on All My Children. The mogul Adam Chandler was thought to be dead, but his twin took the bullet.Crazy Annie is back and last seen kidnapping her daughter. Kendall and Zach's son was pronounced dead at the hospital and revived but wait...K and Z still thought Ian had passed away and were last seen headed for the Chandler mansion with guns to get some pay back from Adam. What a week!!!

Now for the summer season....I promised myself I will not watch that Japanese remake of people jumping over obstacles in water. The foreign version was awful and I am sure the American one sucks too. On the do not watch list is Jon and Kate plus 8....too much drama and tension. Also Big Brother will not be followed . The Goodes or the Goode Family appears to be horrible also...too many references to gays, minorities etc. NOT FUNNY.

I see that Curb Your Enthusiasm will be back !!! Yay!!! Larry David is always great. Other than that, it looks like I will be watching the Food Network for the next 3 monthes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm an DWTS and AMC fan as well. Shawn was actually my first choice initally, but Gilles really grew on me. I think he and Melissa split a voting block. Try "So you think you can dance" over the summer as a filler.

    AMC just needs to show more Ryan. Yum!
    Have you checked out Castle yet? My favorite new show! (of course, it's off on summer hiatus now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check out Castle...i usually fell asleep on the couch right before it came on weekly.

    Gotta love AMC....what a cast of characters!!!

    ReplyDelete